Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

will having it short make it poofy? is short cuter? or is long better?



it's longish now, but i was thinking of cutting it shorter. so it would still be below the shoulders, but only by about 2 inches.



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

I have wavy hair its not really thick and sometimes I straighten it but I love long hair! Go for a style that makes you feel really comfortable.



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

That's my hair! I like it shoulder length and all layered, with bangs.



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

longer would be better =)



short looks boy-ish and it does turn poofy.



the only way you could pull off short thick wavy hair is if you have a really thin face



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

Long would probably work better. But depending on your face shape, you may consider taking it short. If you're looking to widen the shape of your face, get a shorter cut with face framing layers that will increase the width and give you the illusion of a fuller face. If you're looking to lengthen the face shape. I'd suggest long layers... that will give the illusion of a long face shape, if you have a circle or heart face shape. Hope this helps...



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

wavy is the best hair because it is easily straightened and versatile. If your hair is wavy and thick, shoulder length is the best - in my opinion. I have the same hair and I have taken 4 years to grow it out to my bra strap. It took a lot of work, but I get more compliments on my hair now than I have my entire life!!



Julia Roberts, Google her images. Her hair is curly and she had had various shades of color and lengths throughout the years. There should be a couple ideas in her portfolio (also, Jessica Simpson, Debra Messing and Goldie Hawn)



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

I also have extremely thick hair that's naturally wavy, and I've gotta say, it's probably the toughest hair to deal with.



I've also had many styles throughout the years: Long, short in a bob, pixie short. To be honest, unless you have a pixie cut (boy short) it's going to take effort to maintain.



With that said, the shape of your face will also factor in. I have an oval face, so I'm lucky in that I can pretty much wear it how I want. But if you have a long face, it's suggested that you have a shorter cut to compliment your face. If you have a round face, long hair is recommended. However, I would consult with a stylist because these rules are just guidelines.



If you go short, I would highly recommend a cute bob with maybe a few small layers to take the weight off. Then flat iron it. This is what I mean (the faded image):



http://www.rwitherspoon.com/wallpapers/r...



For long hair, get layers! That's how I wear my hair now, and I love it. It takes the weight off and makes my hair feel so much lighter. Think Jennifer Aniston in the last seaosn of Friends. I also have the soft side-sweeping bangs, and love those, too.



Also, I would highly recommend John Freida products. They really help tame the waves in my hair, and the "secret weapon" styling gloss is awesome.



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

I think longer, especially for thick wavy hair!



What is the best style for thick, wavy hair?

Those of us with thick and wavy hair should consider ourselves lucky! I think that almost any style works. It's most important to have a skilled hair stylist and great products to work with. I happen to have thick, course, and wavy hair. I have had lots of hair styles but continue to go back to a stacked bob. It is short in the back, stacked up and comes down to longer sections in the front by my face. I have my hair stylist cut in a decent amount of layers in the top for the volume at the crown of my head and also texturize a lot to keep it from getting too "poofy."



The color and highlights also make a big difference! I flat iron everyday to keep it smooth and straight. I have been flat ironing for 2 years and do not have damaged hair at all. I also hi-lite every 8 weeks. It all in the products and the stylist!!!! Find a good stylist and use good products. It's well worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment